This four day intensive workshop focuses on handbell performance technique and musicianship. Each day is filled with rehearsals emphasizing hands-on learning through ringing (Level 2+ toLevel 4 music). Advanced instruction and a fun fast-paced group atmosphere make this a very enjoyable experience for both ringers and directors interested in improving their handbell performance. The week (Monday through Thursday) concludes with a public concert on Thursday evening featuring the handbell selections from the workshop.
|David Weck, founder and music director of the Agape Ringers, will return again this year as our guest clinician. David is also an editor with Hope Publishing Company of Carol Stream, Illinois, where he is responsible for the handbell catalog. David is in demand as clinician and director of numerous local and national handbell events including the 2004 International Handbell Symposium in Toronto and the 2008 International Symposium in Orlando, Florida. In 2005, he served as Guest Conductor for the Summer Workshop of The Handbell Ringers of Japan. Currently, he serves as adjunct faculty member of Vander Cook College of Music Continuing Education, and served on the national board of the American Guild of English Handbell Ringers. In 2004 he was awarded the Area VIII Outstanding Service Award.|
Workshop Fee (same fee as last year)
- $310.00 per person (includes workshop registration, music packet, break snacks, and lunch)
Early Bird Registration Discount (only available through dates noted)
- Register by May 1 to receive a $25 discount (pay only $285)
- Register by June 1 to receive a $15 discount (pay only $295)
First Time Participant Discount
- Receive the Early Bird Discount through June 1, or a $10 discount after that date.
BACK AGAIN THIS YEAR...SAVE MORE!* Invite a guest to attend...if they attend the workshop, you both receive $10 back on your registration fee.
*IMPORTANT...you and your guest must indicate in advance on the registration form your name as the person inviting them to attend (required for refund). Good for first-time guests only. No limit on number of first-time guests eligible. One person can register multiple first-time guests. Refund checks given during week of the workshop. May not be used in advance to pay for registration fee.PAYMENT in advance of the workshop is required to Midwest Music, 2358 Quartz Lane, Madison, WI, 53719. If registering by mail, please send the check with the registration form.ONLINE Registration Confirmation
- Upon receipt of your online registration you will receive...
- An e-mail confirmation of your registration
- An e-mail Invoice for printing and mailing with your payment.
MAIL Registration Confirmation
- Upon receipt of your registration by mail, you will receive a confirmation and payment receipt via e-mail.
- Refunds for cancellations received by June 7 will be made minus $15. Refunds for cancellations received after June 7, but at least one week (7 days) prior to the workshop start date, will be made minus $15 and may include additional charges.
- Refunds cannot be made with less than a 7 day notice (June 31) prior to the workshop start date.
COLLEGE CREDIT AVAILABLE
HOTEL (same rate as last year)
- Only about 3.5 miles from the workshop site, a block of rooms is reserved at a discount for workshop participants at:
Super 8 Verona
131 Horizon Drive
Verona, WI 53593
- GROUP DISCOUNT: To receive the group discount for a room with double queen beds or a single king bed, please remember to request the HANDBELL WEEK group rate when placing your reservation. There is an additional charge for more than 2 people per room. If you need the rate in advance for planning purposes, call the hotel or e-mail Mark Bloedow.
- Please contact Mark Bloedow, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For complete information and workshop updates, please visit: www.maestromeb.com.
Things to know...
Workshop check-in begins at 8am on Monday, July 7, at the workshop site: Good Shepherd Lutheran Church-West Campus, 7291 County Highway PD, Verona, Wisconsin. The workshop runs daily from 9am to 4:30pm.
Parking at the workshop site is free and easily accessible in the church parking lot. The parking lot and facility are handicap accessible-please advise us in advance with any special considerations, including any significant food allergies. The caterer will offer menu adaptations, alternatives or substitutions from a limited selection whenever possible for those who have food allergies--advance notice required.
The required music packet is included in the registration fee.
There will be periodic breaks during the sessions. A morning and afternoon refreshment break will be provided. Participants are invited to bring their own snack items and bottled water for other times as needed.
Ringers should plan to bring their own pair(s) of washed gloves (white required for the concert) , a 3-ring music stand binder and music riser. Ringers are advised to wear comfortable shoes and to bring a carpet square to stand on if desired.
A closing concert is held on Thursday evening at the workshop site (Good Shepherd Lutheran Church--West Campus, Verona) at 7:00pm--family, friends, and the public are invited--a free will offering is appreciated.
Concert dress is black skirts/slacks/pants and white blouse/shirt.Please click here for other helpful notes about the workshop: Handbell Week Helpful NotesHandbell Week Staff
David Weck, Guest Clinician
Midwest Music, Owner/Executive Director
Dorothy Nottelson, Program Assistant
This Web Page Created with PageBreeze Free HTML Editor