This four day intensive workshop is designed
to expand your handbell performance technique and musicianship. Each day
is filled with rehearsals emphasizing hands-on learning through ringing
some of today's best handbell music (Level 2+ to
The concert is at the workshop site (Good Shepherd Lutheran Church--West Campus, Verona) at 7:00pm--family, friends, and the public are invited--a free will offering is appreciated.
|David Weck has been the clinician for Handbell Week for many years and we are pleased to announce that he will return again this year to lead the workshop. David is founder and director of The Agape Ringers. On a daily basis, he is an editor with Hope Publishing Company of Carol Stream, Illinois, where he is responsible for the handbell catalog consisting of more than 700 titles. David is in demand as clinician and director of numerous local and national handbell events including the 2004 International Handbell Symposium in Toronto and the 2008 International Symposium in Orlando, Florida. In 2005, he served as Guest Conductor for the Summer Workshop of The Handbell Ringers of Japan. For 30 years, David has been involved in choral music through music education, church music and as assistant director of the Chicago Community Renewal Chorus. Currently, he serves as adjunct faculty member of Vander Cook College of Music Continuing Education, and served on the national board of the American Guild of English Handbell Ringers. In 2004 he was awarded the Area VIII Outstanding Service Award. David and his wife, Jane Holstein, reside in Wheaton, Illinois, where they enjoy spending their spare time with grandchildren, Becky and Jack.|
- $310.00 per person (includes workshop registration, music packet, break snacks, and lunch)
Early Bird Registration Discount (only available through dates noted)
- Register by May 1 to receive a $25 discount (pay only $285)
- Register by June 1 to receive a $20 discount (pay only $290)
First Time Participant Discount
- Receive the Early Bird Discount through June 1, or a $10 discount after that date.
BACK AGAIN THIS YEAR...SAVE MORE!* Invite a guest to attend...if they attend the workshop, you both receive $10 back on your registration fee.
*IMPORTANT...you and your guest must indicate in advance on the registration form your name as the person inviting them to attend (required for refund). Good for first-time guests only. Refund checks given during week of the workshop. May not be used in advance to pay for registration fee.
Payment in advance of the workshop is required--if registering by mail, please send the registration form with check payable to Midwest Music, 2358 Quartz Lane, Madison, WI, 53719.
- Refunds for cancellations received by June 8 will be made minus $15. Refunds for cancellations received after June 8, but at least 5 days prior to the workshop start date, will be made minus $15 and may include additional charges.
- Refunds cannot be made with less than a 5 day notice (July 3) prior to the workshop start date.
MAIL Registration Confirmation
- Upon receipt of your registration by mail, you will receive a confirmation and payment receipt via e-mail.
ONLINE Registration Confirmation
- Upon receipt of your online registration you will receive...
- An e-mail confirmation of your registration
- An e-mail Invoice for printing and mailing with your payment.
COLLEGE CREDIT AVAILABLE
HOTEL (New Location for 2013)
- Only about 3.5 miles from the workshop site, a block of rooms is reserved at a discount for workshop participants at:
Super 8 Verona
131 Horizon Drive
Verona, WI 53593
- GROUP DISCOUNT: To receive the group discount (only $71.10 for a room with double queen beds or a single king bed), please remember to request the HANDBELL WEEK group rate when placing your reservation. There may be an additional charge for more than 2 people per room.
- Please contact Mark Bloedow, (608) 845-3952 or email@example.com.
- For complete information and workshop updates, please visit: www.maestromeb.com.
Things to know...
Workshop check-in begins at 8am on Monday, July 8, at the workshop site: Good Shepherd Lutheran Church-West Campus, 7291 County Highway PD, Verona, Wisconsin. The workshop runs daily from 9am to 4:30pm.
Parking at the workshop site is free and easily accessible in the church parking lot. The parking lot and facility are handicap accessible-please advise us in advance with any special considerations, including any significant food allergies.
The required music packet is included in the registration fee.
There will be periodic breaks during the sessions. A morning and afternoon refreshment break will be provided. Participants are invited to bring their own snack items and bottled water for other times as needed.
Ringers should plan to bring their own pair(s) of washed gloves (white required for the concert) , a 3-ring music stand binder and music riser. Ringers are advised to wear comfortable shoes and to bring a carpet square to stand on if desired.
A closing concert is held on Thursday evening. Concert dress is black skirts/slacks/pants and white blouse/shirt.Please click here for other helpful notes about the workshop: Handbell Week Helpful NotesHandbell Week Staff
David Weck, Clinician
Mark Bloedow Executive Director
Dorothy Nottelson, Program Assistant
For more help and information
Please contact Mark Bloedow at (608) 845-3952 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
This Web Page Created with PageBreeze Free HTML Editor