Sinsinawa Mound Center, 585 County Road Z, Sinsinawa, WI, is the home for the Workshop and Closing Concert. Free parking is available in the parking lots adjacent to the Mound Center.
Classic Handbell Week, Performance Tracks, Lodging/Meals, & More!
CLASSIC HANDBELL WEEK PLUS+
It is well known that everyone attending Handbell Week loves RINGING! Part of each day is "Classic Handbell Week" as it has been for many years with a varied selection of music rung in mass. The workshop also includes two separate "tracks" or "choir experiences" each day to meet the needs of experienced and developing ringers/directors alike. Each track includes different music levels and selections: Track 1 (developing ringers/directors, level 2 and 3 music) and Track 2 (intermediate/advanced handbell performance choir, level 3 and 4 music).
Ringing Position Assignments & Music
Assigned ringing positions, based on ringer preferences as noted with registration, and workshop music information (based on mass pieces and performance track selection) are e-mailed prior to the workshop.
Onsite Housing & Meals
Affordable onsite housing is available at the workshop location, Sinsinawa Mound Center. The $60 per day package cost is inclusive of lodging and three daily meals in the dining hall, there are no adjustments for unused meals. Air-conditioned rooms can be requested. See registration form to indicate your interest in making a reservation. Payment in full for the week's lodging is made directly to Sinsinawa Mound Center on the first day of the workshop at the Handbell Week registration table. Please do not send lodging payments to Midwest Music.
Activities for Recreation & Relaxation
Sinsinawa Mound is a lovely expansive facility with outstanding beauty and hospitality. The inspirational Chapel and diverse meeting spaces offer endless possibilities for simultaneous rehearsals, classes, and relaxation, too! Visits and activities to area shops, restaurants, and attractions in Galena, IL and Dubuque, IA, offer other possibilities--the annual "dinner in town" or similar event is again planned.
What to Bring
- Bottled water
- Snacks beyond those offered, as needed!
- Please wear comfortable clothing and shoes
- Bring a carpet square with a smooth backing to stand on
- Clean rehearsal and WHITE performance gloves
- Concert clothing (black skirt/slacks/pants, white blouse/shirt)
- Black 3-Ring Handbell Notebook
- Music riser
- 3 Hole Punch to punch music for binders on first day if you have one (optional, but helpful, some available for use as well)
When You Arrive
- Workshop check-in begins at 8am on Monday in the Lobby at Sinsinawa Mound Center. Free parking.
- Please visit the HANDBELL WEEK REGISTRATION TABLE to:
- Confirm your registration, and receive the workshop packet including music, session schedule, name tags, and other details.
- Pay Sinsinawa Mound Center for the week's lodging in full (if applicable). Please do not send lodging payments to Midwest Music.
- The Center is handicap accessible.
- PLEASE mark very clearly ALL of the equipment you are bringing with your church name or identifying mark.
- We are very grateful for those willing to support the workshop by bringing their handbells, chimes, and equipment.
Meal & Snack Break Notes
- A variety of quality meals and beverages are provided for lunch each day (included in registration). Lunch is served at 12 Noon in the Dining Hall.
- A simple morning and afternoon snack are provided with water and a limited selection of beverages. Water is available at various locations throughout the day. Soda and vending machines are also available.
Dinner Out as a Group (Optional)-Tuesday
- A tradition of the workshop is to share dinner together on Tuesday evening at a local restaurant--"dutch treat", of course!
- Location for 2020 will be announced.
- Sign-up is done online prior to the workshop. Last minute registrations can be received at the the Handbell Week Registration Table upon check-in on Monday morning only.
- The Thursday evening dinner, after the final rehearsal and prior to the concert, is included in the registration fee again this year.
Closing Concert-Thursday, 7pm
- The Handbell Week Closing Concert is open to the public and includes the music from the workshop.
- Concert dress is required of all ringers (black skirt/slacks/pants, white blouse/shirt).
- Concert is on Thursday evening, 7:00pm, at the Workshop site--guests welcome!
- Freewill offering appreciated.
- E-updates are sent as needed prior to the workshop
- Once the workshop starts, announcements are made at the sessions