Handbell Week Helpful Notes
Helpful hints and important information about the workshop.
NEW Workshop Site!
Sinsinawa Mound Center, 585 County Road Z, Sinsinawa, WI, is the NEW home for the Workshop and Closing Concert. Free parking is available in the parking lots adjacent to the Mound Center.
Classic Handbell Week, New Performance Tracks, Lodging/Meals & More!
CLASSIC HANDBELL WEEK PLUS+
It is well known how much everyone that attends Handbell Week loves RINGING! To meet the needs of experienced and developing ringers/directors alike, Handbell Week now offers two separate "tracks" or "choir experiences" in the afternoon each day. Each morning is "Classic Handbell Week" as it has been for many years with a varied selection of music rung in mass. Each afternoon offers two unique tracks with different music levels and selections: Track 1 (developing ringers/directors, level 2 and 3 music) and Track 2 (advanced handbell performance choir experience, level 3 and 4 music).
Ringing Position Assignments & Music
Assigned ringing positions in advance of the workshop based on ringer preferences included with registration. The final position assignments will be announced with workshop music information given to participants prior to the workshop (based on mass pieces and selected afternoon track).
Onsite Housing & Meals
Affordable onsite housing with air-conditioned rooms and three meals daily at Sinsinawa Mound Center. The per day cost for those staying onsite at the Mound this summer will be only $60 inclusive of three daily meals--a huge SAVINGS from previous years!
Activities for Recreation & Relaxation
Sinsinawa Mound is a lovely expansive facility with outstanding beauty and hospitality. The inspirational Chapel and diverse meeting spaces offer endless possibilities for offering simultaneous rehearsals, education, relaxation, and FUN, too! Visits and activities to area shops, restaurants, and attractions in Galena, IL and Dubuque, IA, offer other possibilities--the annual "dinner in town" or similar event is planned to continue.
What to Bring
- Bottled water
- Snacks beyond those offered, as needed!
- Please wear comfortable clothing and shoes
- Bring a carpet square with a smooth backing to stand on
- Clean rehearsal and WHITE performance gloves
- Concert clothing (black skirt/slacks/pants, white blouse/shirt)
- Black 3-Ring Handbell Notebook
- Music riser
- 3 Hole Punch to punch music for binders on first day if you have one (optional, but helpful, some available for use as well)
When You Arrive
- Workshop check-in begins at 8am on Monday in the Lobby at Sinsinawa Mound Center. Free parking.
- Please visit the REGISTRATION TABLE to have your registration confirmed and receive your workshop packet including music, session schedule, name tags, and other important information.
- The Center is handicap accessible.
- PLEASE mark very clearly ALL of the equipment you are bringing with your church name or identifying mark.
- We are very grateful for those willing to support the workshop by bringing their handbells, chimes, and equipment.
Meal & Snack Break Notes
- A variety of quality meals and beverages are provided for lunch each day (included in registration). Lunch is served at 12 Noon in the Dining Hall.
- A simple morning and afternoon snack are provided with water and a limited selection of beverages.
Dinner Out as a Group (Optional)-Tuesday
- A tradition of the workshop is to share dinner together on Tuesday evening at a local restaurant--"dutch treat", of course!
- Location for 2019 will be announced.
- Sign-up at the Workshop Registration Table (by Noon on Monday).
- The Thursday evening dinner, after the final rehearsal and prior to the concert, is included in the registration fee this year
Closing Concert-Thursday, 7pm
- The Handbell Week Closing Concert is open to the public and includes the music from the workshop.
- Concert dress is required of all ringers (black skirt/slacks/pants, white blouse/shirt).
- Concert is on Thursday evening, 7:00pm, at the Workshop site--guests welcome!
- Freewill offering appreciated.
- E-updates are sent as needed prior to the workshop
- Once the workshop starts, announcements are made at the sessions