Handbell Week Helpful Notes
Helpful hints and important information about the workshop.
Immanuel Lutheran Church, 1021 Spaight Street, Madison, Wisconsin is the Workshop and Closing Concert site. Free parking is available in the church parking lots adjacent to the church and across the street.
What to Bring
- Bottled water
- Snacks beyond those offered, as needed!
- Please wear comfortable clothing and shoes
- Bring a carpet square with a smooth backing to stand on
- Clean rehearsal and WHITE performance gloves
- Concert clothing (black skirt/slacks/pants, white blouse/shirt)
- Black 3-Ring Handbell Notebook
- Music riser
- 3 Hole Punch to punch music for binders on first day if you have one (optional, but helpful, some available for use as well)
When You Arrive
- Workshop check-in begins at 8am on Monday at the workshop site. Enter the side door closest to Spaight Street off the adjacent parking lot.
- Please visit the REGISTRATION TABLE to have your registration confirmed and receive your workshop packet including music, session schedule, name tags, and other important information.
- PLEASE mark very clearly ALL of the equipment you are bringing with your church name or identifying mark.
- The church will be available on Sunday afternoon by appointment and by 7:30am on Monday for those bringing handbells and/or equipment.
- We are very grateful for those willing to support the workshop by bringing their handbells, chimes, and equipment.
Meal & Snack Break Notes
- A variety of quality meals are catered for lunch each day (included in registration). Lunch is served at 12 Noon in the downstairs level of the workshop site in the Lakeview Room (elevator available).
- You may choose to bring your own beverage for lunch--offered will be water, coffee, lemonade or iced tea or juice.
- Lunch servings are planned at one serving of each item per person.
- A simple morning ONLY snack is provided with a selected beverage.
Dinner Out as a Group (Optional)-Tuesday
- A tradition of the workshop is to share dinner together on Tuesday evening at a local restaurant--"dutch treat", of course!
- Location for 2018 will be announced.
- Sign-up at the Workshop Registration Table (by Noon on Monday).
Thursday Dinner Onsite (Optional)
- Avoid the hassle and time constraints of traveling offsite between the final rehearsal and concert.
- IMPORTANT: Not included in registration fee. Sign-up and pay at the Workshop Registration Table (by Noon on Monday).
Closing Concert-Thursday, 7pm
- The Handbell Week Closing Concert is open to the public and includes the music from the workshop.
- Concert dress is required of all ringers (black skirt/slacks/pants, white blouse/shirt).
- Concert is on Thursday evening, 7:00pm, at the Workshop site--guests welcome!
- Freewill offering appreciated.
- E-updates are sent as needed prior to the workshop
- Once the workshop starts, announcements are made at the sessions